A place where a man can be a man

books you are currently reading or just read

Meow
    Admin

Re: books you are currently reading or just read

Post  Meow on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:20 pm

DopeMasterJFlow wrote:that sounds awesome! Damn my amazon queue keeps growing =/

Yeah, I want to read more of that, as well. I find the topic very intruiging because it's rare you get to listen to someone speak about the interaction between humans and technology in such a broad sense. People are way caught up in specific products and having the latest and greatest tech (myself included..) that it's nice to back up a bit and think about the big picture.

It may feel like a natural concept for us to integrate ourselves with technology the most we can, but I think this is a very new phenomenon. It's a common thing for people before our generation to somewhat fear the movement towards integrating too much with computers. I suppose we've been putting a lot more of ourselves into new tech since.. I guess the industrial age.. but it's really reaching a new level with how interconnected we are with our computers and the Internet.

Anyways, this sounds like a cool book, I wanna read it.

Badge

Post  Badge on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:49 pm

This is a bit behind everyone else but i just finished the Ender's Game series aside from Ender's Shadow. I'd love some suggestions because for the most part I don't do much other than work and occasionally go out at night.. the middle of my day is pretty much filled with a whole lot of nothing.
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:06 pm

i loved the Ender's Game series. you should get on Ender's Shadow, i remember that one being one of the best.
    KCLU
    Admin

Post  KCLU on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:21 pm

I ate those up in high school! for an entire year study hour was just Ender time.

you're thinking novels then, Matt? a lot of us have read Dune at some point and we'd all probably recommend that to you.
    DopeMasterJFlow
    Admin

Post  DopeMasterJFlow on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:47 pm

KCLU wrote:I ate those up in high school! for an entire year study hour was just Ender time.

you're thinking novels then, Matt? a lot of us have read Dune at some point and we'd all probably recommend that to you.

I'm currently reading dune and almost done with it. It is really awesome and you would love it
    Badge

Post  Badge on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:20 pm

I've been intrigued by it. I'll have to go purchase it before I accidentally watch the movie.
    KCLU
    Admin

Post  KCLU on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:28 pm

do the same for Eat Pray Love - I heard the movie really doesn't measure up.
    DopeMasterJFlow
    Admin

Post  DopeMasterJFlow on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:10 pm

KCLU wrote:do the same for Eat Pray Love - I heard the movie really doesn't measure up.

LOL

"If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think. Defend your constitutionally protected rights. No one else will do it for you." - Boards of Canada
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:13 pm

i'm currently reading The Puttermesser Papers by Cynthia Ozick. its pretty cool.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:50 am