A place where a man can be a man

Website

The Rebirth

Website

Post  The Rebirth on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:53 am

I'm going to post it here when I'm finished just for opinions. Don't worry you won't hurt my feelings on this since I'm getting paid for it I would love feedback. Almost done...
    The Rebirth

Re: Website

Post  The Rebirth on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:19 pm

http://www.sellaview.com/Fat%20Daddys/index.html

Let me know what you think and don't submit anything under contact area please.
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:24 pm

looks great. how much did they pay you?
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:39 pm

yea man looks good, what did you use to build , dreamweaver?? also what are you hosting it on a gameboy?? loaded really slow. but design looks pimp good job
    Meow
    Admin

Post  Meow on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:16 pm

I wanted to tear it apart and try to hurt your feelings, but it looks pretty good. I assume they aren't going to be hosting this on your domain, so the slowness will go away, but other than that, I think it's $$$. What did you use to build it? Also, you have any good php or jquery books to recommend or do you just use the Internet?

David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:32 pm

i have a book that covers php , mysql , and javascript and ties them all together, so far its pretty good. i think i need a css book as well
    The Rebirth

Post  The Rebirth on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Haha, well I'm hosting it from Sellaview's site, but once I get it approved it'll be on its own domain. I used Dreamweaver and wrote the css from scratch. Implemented some neat jQuery things I've seen around on some web design blogs, I'm adding a content editing system using jQuery and php for the client right now, so we'll see how that pans out. Also, no books, pretty much just self taught using the internet and just trial and error with Dreamweaver. Once you play with it enough everything gets pretty simple. I'm working on a second site for this guy too but its going to look a little different. I'm getting paid $450 a site and I'm only taking so little because I don't have much by way of a design portfolio yet, so I've spent some time on this so I can have it as one of my projects.
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:08 pm

how many hours do you think you spent on it?
    The Rebirth

Post  The Rebirth on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:14 pm

I couldn't tell ya. I was splitting time between that and my other business most of this month. I would say prolly a solid 40 or so hours. I actually at one point changed the entire style and then went and changed it back (all without saving the original), so there were a lot of places I probably could have trimmed some fat. I'm hoping the second website will only take about 3-4 days now that I know a little bit more about jQuery and its integration.
    The Rebirth

Post  The Rebirth on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Sexy or not?

http://www.sellaview.com/Unique%20Concrete/index.html

Sorry, I was just excited I got those divs to float over the slideshow...lol.
    Meow
    Admin

Post  Meow on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:20 pm

The Rebirth wrote:Sexy or not?

That's cool. Maybe shrink the slideshow a little and slow it down some? I don't know what going in those boxes floating in front yet, so it may work out. Is that red the company color? Looks a little cheap.. it might be that the pictures in the slideshow aren't that high res, though, kinda makes everything look a little fuzzy.

David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Meow wrote:
    The Rebirth wrote:Sexy or not?

That's cool. Maybe shrink the slideshow a little and slow it down some? I don't know what going in those boxes floating in front yet, so it may work out. Is that red the company color? Looks a little cheap.. it might be that the pictures in the slideshow aren't that high res, though, kinda makes everything look a little fuzzy.

i agree, good idea, i like what its doing but a bit cheap lookin, just do as tim gun says "make it work"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:05 am