A place where a man can be a man

Starcraft 2 Strategy Discussion

Meow
    Admin

Starcraft 2 Strategy Discussion

Post  Meow on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:58 am

Please discuss your new awesome strats here!

Badge

Re: Starcraft 2 Strategy Discussion

Post  Badge on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Has anyone tried any of the cookie cutter strats that everyone talks about?

I think Terran is MMM which is Marine Marauders and Medivacs? I've also heard something about Mech but haven't figured out the exact strat yet.

Toss I think was something along the lines of building Gateways right by their base and harassing them with zealots or teching up as fast as possible to build warprays and wrecking shit.

I've yet to see any Zerg strats most of what I've seen were more along the lines of outlasting the previous ones that I saw.

This was also quite a while ago when I was entertaining the idea of playing online. After watching some video's I decided my micro management skills aren't up to par.
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 pm

yeah, most of those strategies are things that you kinda fall into if you play multiplayer enough, the videos really just help by showing you the fastest, most efficient ways of doing things. don't worry about your micro skills, the only way to get better at it is by playing against other people. watching videos is fun and helps some, though, i think.
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:05 pm

the best collection of SC2 videos on youtube that i'm aware of are on HDstarcraft's channel.
    Badge

Post  Badge on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm pretty sure that's the guy I was watching. Really helpful explaining what he was doing although watching his mouse movements kind of hurts my dome.
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:24 pm

the mouse movement in his videos is just him clicking around and pointing at things while he does commentary, replays don't show the actual pointers of the players. i was confused about that at first, too.
    David McSingleton

Post  David McSingleton on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:09 pm

http://www.starcraft2strategymasters.com/

has alot of great matchup of pro players with commentary explaining their strategy. good stuff
    DopeMasterJFlow
    Admin

Post  DopeMasterJFlow on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:35 pm

We should develop a team strategy...We can function as a coherent unit in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 and the class act SC fighting battalion will be unstoppable

"If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think. Defend your constitutionally protected rights. No one else will do it for you." - Boards of Canada
    KCLU
    Admin

Post  KCLU on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:08 pm

proposed strat: MAX CHEESE
    Meow
    Admin

Post  Meow on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Me and Kyle have been faring really well against other 2 player teams. We basically use the same strategy every time, but it's getting more and more polished as we go.

I'm protoss and he's zerg. He goes for the earliest rush he can (building a spawning pool even before his next drone) and attacks while I don't even build a gateway until I have about 15 or so probes. A lot of times after Kyle rushes one of the teammates will just leave. I usually go for either Stalkers or straight to void rays, depending on how well Kyle's rush went (if it went well, I take the longer route and go for rays). After getting rushed their weakened while I've spent my early game building up a massive income for the rest of the game and usually sky rocket ahead of everyone else on the map.

Badge

Post  Badge on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:30 pm

You rush with zerglings?

Also do you share income or is it separate still?
    The Rebirth

Post  The Rebirth on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:34 pm

A lot of people rush Zergling. I like the Protoss void ray build up. Heck, you can even build up a bunch of Phoenixes and just go pick up all their builders and just zap them away while Zergy is rushing.
    Meow
    Admin

Post  Meow on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Badge wrote:You rush with zerglings?

Also do you share income or is it separate still?

It's still separate, but after the first 5 minutes of the game is over, you can send resources back and forth.

KCLU
    Admin

Post  KCLU on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:53 pm

The Rebirth wrote:Heck, you can even build up a bunch of Phoenixes and just go pick up all their builders and just zap them away
    man, I saw this SICK 4v4 where two guys massed Pheonixes and did exactly this. they can't attack buildings, so you'll need something else to finish the job, but against any ground units it'll dominate.

you'd have to answer with mass area-affect attacks, I guess. Vikings?
    Badge

Post  Badge on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:06 pm

So you don't build your 6th drone you just build up to get a spawning pool then pump out drones and lings? I'm kind of confused maybe I'm reading it wrong.
    Karl
    Admin

Post  Karl on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:50 am

Badge wrote:So you don't build your 6th drone you just build up to get a spawning pool then pump out drones and lings? I'm kind of confused maybe I'm reading it wrong.

no, that's right. you mine with the drones you start with, and you wait until you have 200 min and then you immediately build spawning pool. in the time it takes to build the spawning pool you'll be able to create two more drones, and then when the spawning pool is finished you'll have enough larva and enough min to immediately spawn three sets of two zerglings and you send them straight to the enemy base. it works extremely well on a smaller map or against beginner players, but you have to be ready to defend your base with a spine crawler or two while you create your queen, start getting gas, fast expand, etc.
    DopeMasterJFlow
    Admin

Post  DopeMasterJFlow on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Has anyone attempted the economy achievements? I cannot get the zerg or the terran one which is make x amount of zerglings or marines in x amount of time. I counted and watched my time and I achieved both of these but didn't get the achievement for it... any one else have any luck?

"If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think. Defend your constitutionally protected rights. No one else will do it for you." - Boards of Canada

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:27 pm