A place where a man can be a man

Film & Color

Newmantopia

Film & Color

Post  Newmantopia on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Hey guys,

I mentioned it briefly somewhere in another thread, but I thought I'd fill you in on what's going on in my life. I co-founded a production company recently. It's called "Film & Color, LLC". Currently our productions are client-based, such as music videos, ads, etc. However we intend to develop short and feature films in the future.

We're now editing a promotional film for the string camp of one of the world's greatest living string (fiddle/violin) players, 2-grammy, 7 CMA winner Mark O'Connor. We're ambitious with our company goals and putting forth efforts to one day compete among the ranks of DreamWorks, Focus Features, etc. with our features and animation.

Eventually, of course, we'll expand to LA.

So far we're profiting and hopefully we'll be making enough by mid 2011 that I can comfortably quit my job at Apple. We'd like to get an office and begin hiring additional employees within 1-2 years. We have 3 music video shoots planned for the month of September and more work beyond that in the following months.

The two guys I'm working with, Andrew (strategy and business development) and Andre (creative director) are very passionate and extremely productive. Between us we have a powerful and fun dynamic. I can see myself growing and developing with these guys for years to come.

So if you guys come into contact with any artists, labels or other companies that need video work, please send them my way!

We haven't launched our site yet, but here's the link, anyway:
    www.filmandcolor.com
    Newmantopia

Re: Film & Color

Post  Newmantopia on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Also, if any of you guys know a screenwriter or are interested in submitting screenplay/ideas for a production, you've got an in!

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:30 pm