A place where a man can be a man


    The next MMO I'll be playing

    Share
    avatar
    Badge

    Posts : 57
    Join date : 2010-08-18
    Location : Savannah

    The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Badge on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:17 pm

    www.swtor.com

    I've been keeping up with it since I happened to see the intro video at I think it was last years e3. I'm sure a lot of you have lost your MMO drive in recent years having played with several of you post EQ. This is where me and Erik will be and I wanted to see if there was any interest in any of you.
    avatar
    David McSingleton

    Posts : 188
    Join date : 2010-08-12
    Age : 31

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  David McSingleton on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:56 pm

    Badge wrote:www.swtor.com

    I've been keeping up with it since I happened to see the intro video at I think it was last years e3. I'm sure a lot of you have lost your MMO drive in recent years having played with several of you post EQ. This is where me and Erik will be and I wanted to see if there was any interest in any of you.

    i might be
    avatar
    Posydon

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2010-08-13

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Posydon on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:39 am

    maybe, i'll read up on it
    avatar
    Badge

    Posts : 57
    Join date : 2010-08-18
    Location : Savannah

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Badge on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:11 pm

    Me and Erik I think settled on dark side, I know I'm making a Sith Warrior and going balls deep into dps. I'm not quite sure what he decided on.
    avatar
    Steve-o

    Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-08-12

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Steve-o on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:24 pm

    If i get into any MMO it would be this one. I have high hopes for bioware
    avatar
    KCLU
    Admin

    Posts : 234
    Join date : 2010-08-12
    Age : 32
    Location : Tampa

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  KCLU on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:37 pm

    same here!

    I'd be a smuggler for sure. what made Star Wars magical was how 'lived-in' the first three seemed: everything, ships/gear/people, looked like they'd been through hell.

    the jaded, cutthroat attitude too: people were cynical (the empire was brutal but democracy had proven a failure), no trust whatsoever, everyone just looks out for themselves. and the smuggler is always in the midst of that bleak world.
    avatar
    Karl
    Admin

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2010-08-12
    Age : 30
    Location : Tampa

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Karl on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:47 pm

    man Kyle, you make Star Wars sound a lot better than it actually is :P

    i know, heresy! hate me bitches.

    Blade Runner ftw
    avatar
    Badge

    Posts : 57
    Join date : 2010-08-18
    Location : Savannah

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Badge on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 pm

    KCLU wrote:same here!

    I'd be a smuggler for sure. what made Star Wars magical was how 'lived-in' the first three seemed: everything, ships/gear/people, looked like they'd been through hell.

    the jaded, cutthroat attitude too: people were cynical (the empire was brutal but democracy had proven a failure), no trust whatsoever, everyone just looks out for themselves. and the smuggler is always in the midst of that bleak world.

    I'd kill to see any of you guys in it. Honestly, anyone you want dead so that I can play an MMO with fun people?
    avatar
    Badge

    Posts : 57
    Join date : 2010-08-18
    Location : Savannah

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Badge on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:23 pm

    Also i forgot to mention that Blade Runner with Whetz at 4am shitfaced was awesome. I've never seen it since or before that time.
    avatar
    Steve-o

    Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-08-12

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Steve-o on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:20 am

    I still need to see blade runner. And i'd be a jedi or sith for sure. not being a jedi in the star wars universe is like being a black guy thats bad at basketball and has a small dick. I mean whats the point?
    avatar
    The Rebirth

    Posts : 196
    Join date : 2010-08-14

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  The Rebirth on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:47 am

    Bounty Hunter or Sith Inquisitor for me.
    avatar
    Badge

    Posts : 57
    Join date : 2010-08-18
    Location : Savannah

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Badge on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:15 pm

    The Inquisitor looked interesting to me until I saw the video of the Jedi Councelor (sp?) just support healing the whole time. Since the Inquisitor is a mirror of that I got really turned off to it.
    avatar
    The Rebirth

    Posts : 196
    Join date : 2010-08-14

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  The Rebirth on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:22 pm

    I figured our Sith Group would need healer who could also fire electricity out of their hands, but I'd be quite comfortable taking the Bounty Hunter role.
    avatar
    Badge

    Posts : 57
    Join date : 2010-08-18
    Location : Savannah

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Badge on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:32 pm

    The Rebirth wrote:I figured our Sith Group would need healer who could also fire electricity out of their hands, but I'd be quite comfortable taking the Bounty Hunter role.


    By all means play what you want they've stated that they are trying to get away from static roles of healer/tank/dps. I spent the last 2 or so years playing a healer role in WoW so I kind of want to get away from it for a while.

    Also there are apparently companions that you can hire or something that are supposed to help balance groups out that can't find a particular class they need.
    avatar
    The Rebirth

    Posts : 196
    Join date : 2010-08-14

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  The Rebirth on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:38 pm

    Bounty Hunter for sure then. I can has Siths backing me up.
    avatar
    Badge

    Posts : 57
    Join date : 2010-08-18
    Location : Savannah

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Badge on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:50 pm

    The Rebirth wrote:Bounty Hunter for sure then. I can has Siths backing me up.

    Just a forewarning when I get the game i'm taking a week off of work and rushing myself as hard and fast as possible
    avatar
    Posydon

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2010-08-13

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Posydon on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:36 am

    if ya'll are goin dark side i'll be inquisitor. but yeah, badger's gonna pass everyone and leave us all in the dust.

    also the only thing i'm not a fan of is the spaceship combat, seems like a pretty lame minigame unless they add a lot more complexity to it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The next MMO I'll be playing

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 am